Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting Somewhere


Well I think it is fairly obvious that I am advancing as a musical composer. I have just written probably my most musically intelligent piece of music. While in the past my music tends to find not-so-pleasing motifs that seem very unusual and don't always seem to work, my Sonata in F for Clarinet and Piano seems to flow very nicely. It's not my usual chaotic atonal sound, yet it is very programmable and playable - a good show-off piece for clarinet.


I was asked to write a clarinet piece for my brothers girlfriend for her to use at her audition for UofL, but I really think I overshot their expectations. Instead of giving them a short little one movement, I provide her with this three movement masterpiece. Well...its a masterpiece by my standards. I am wanting to take this to a level further than an audition into UofL's school music. I'm gonna push a public performance, or maybe find a clarinetist who's interested in putting it on their senior recital. I think it would really make a nice fit in recital repatoir!


The second movement is probably my favorite, because of the opportunity for expression. I imagine it will sound GORGEOUS when performed live. I'm very excited to say the least!


No comments: