Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 2009-2012

I know the election is not over, but it is almost unquestionable to suggest Barak Obama will be our 44th and the first black president elected into office. I voted for McCain.......mainly because I strongly oppose Obama's tax plans, believe Repulicans are better at handling economic matters (the democrats have controlled the house and the senate for the past two years), and yes....to me experience matters.

However, I'm accepting the fact that Obama will be our president and will be as optimistic as I can be that maybe he does have the answers. I fear that there will be another terrorist attack, as since 9-11 Bush has done a great job keeping them out of our country.

But what bothers me about this is how cold democrats are, and that its usually them attacking republicans. My best friend of 18 years is an example of this. He started ripping into me for being a Bush supporter and for voting for mccain - called me a dumb hillbilly republican. I imagine if McCain had been elected democrats would have created riots or said mccain cheated......but I'm sitting here accepting Obama's victory. Perhaps this is the main difference between democrats and republicans...and i guess defines conservative and liberal beliefs. I just don't think i should be ridiculed for my political beliefs. Maybe Obama can help this country....but I fear for it, and I fear that the young people who do not know enough about politics are the reason he got voted in.

I'm going to be optimistic.....maybe he can save the economy. I guess we'll just have to see.

No comments: