Saturday, September 27, 2008

Losing Sleep

I'm finding it more difficult to sleep with every night that passes. I'm not exactly sure why, but I have thousands of thoughts running through my mind and they seem to be taking control of my brain and how it functions from day to day.

I guess there really is a lot on my plate. Trying to work two jobs, trying to support my family, trying to be there for my friends, and still trying to find time to compose music...it is a lot for me to handle. I guess its true when they say you can't please everyone.

Oklahoma is just days away....I can't hide my excitement for this trip. It's not just hearing my music performed that I'm finding very thrilling. Its the ability to have to work with another band director...the opportunities to work with a hundred bright students who have been exposed to my music. The opportunity to experience a band competition outside of my home state....it just all seems very exciting. I don't know that I'll ever feel ready for this trip though. It feels as though there is so much to do yet, and my brother and I are needing to get things together fast.

I'm sure the trip will be one of the greatest experiences of my life, and I'm going to do everything I can to make it spectacular.

No comments: