Sunday, April 19, 2009

Waiting...

It's really funny how life works sometimes. I always thought it was too cliche to say 'everything happens for a reason' but recently it seems like I'm finally finding out the reasons things have happened. I am now starting to realize how much of a blessing it was for me to have the guts and leave an ugly situation like I did back in August. I struggled for three months, living with my parents until I was able to move back to Louisville. I started the year ready for business, and they ended promoting me to Front Gate Coordinator...which was a pretty big surprise given the year I had previously (partially thanks to you know who). Of course at the time I was in talks with the Director of Operations at Indiana Beach for their open Operations Manager position.

It was especially funny how that worked out because the day I randomly went and looked at their website to find out prices was the day they posted the position, and moments later I got a text from Courtney telling me about it. Was it a sign? Perhaps....so I applied. Well after two interviews and days of waiting.....I got the position! It was a huge accomplishment, as sad as I was to leave SFKK. But what's more important is that its a salary job with benefits...and that's what I've been looking for for years. It just goes to show you how much a little waiting will do.

No comments: